Cutting boards are an essential tool in any culinary environment. Whether you're a professional chef or an amateur cook, choosing the right board can make a big difference in food preparation. In addition to providing a stable surface for chopping, chopping, and slicing, a good board also helps maintain the integrity of your cutting tools and maintains hygiene in the kitchen.
Types of Kitchen Boards
There are cutting boards kitchen in various formats and materials. Furthermore many are utilitarian in terms of the way they are designed. But, see some of our models as well as the most used materials.
Wooden Kitchen Boards
Wooden cutting boards are a classic in the kitchen and have been widely used over the years. They provide a durable, natural surface for cutting food. One of the main advantages of wooden boards is that they are smooth enough to protect the sharpening of knives, reducing premature wear on the blades. In addition, wooden planks have natural antibacterial properties, which help to inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria.
However, wooden boards require special care. It is important to clean them properly after use and avoid leaving wet food or juices for long periods of time, as this can cause stains and warping of the wood. Additionally, they are not suitable for use with raw foods such as meat, poultry or fish due to the risk of bacterial contamination.
Plastic Cutting Boards
Plastic cutting boards are known for their practicality and ease of cleaning. They are lightweight, durable and generally more affordable compared to wooden boards. the plastic boards polypropylene they can also be used to cut different types of food, including raw meat, without the risk of cross-contamination.
However, a downside to plastic boards is that they tend to develop cut marks over time, providing a favorable environment for bacteria to thrive. Therefore, it is important to replace them regularly to ensure food safety. Also, plastic cutting boards are not as friendly to knives as they can wear out sharpening faster.
Bamboo Cutting Boards
Bamboo kitchen boards are a sustainable alternative to traditional wooden boards.
Well, the bamboo it is a renewable and fast-growing raw material, which makes it an ecologically correct choice. In addition, bamboo planks are naturally resistant to bacteria and stains.
- Quttin Bamboo Chopping Board5,60 € – 11,70 €
Just like wooden boards, bamboo boards also require proper maintenance to extend their lifespan. It is important to clean and dry them carefully after use to avoid deformation and staining. Also, like plastic cutting boards, bamboo cutting boards can leave marks on your knives over time.
Glass Cutting Boards
Glass planks have a sleek, modern look that blends well with contemporary kitchens. They're tough, easy to clean, and won't absorb odors or stains. Glass cutting boards are also ideal for working with wet foods, as they do not absorb liquids.
However, glass cutting boards can be harmful to knife blades as they are harder than other materials. The constant impact on the glass can lead to premature wear and tear of the knives. In addition, glass is a slippery material, which can increase the risk of accidents when handling sharp knives.
Best wood for cutting board
Choosing the best wood for a cutting board can depend on many factors, such as personal preferences, material availability, and wood characteristics. However, some of the best wood choices for cutting boards are:
- Burgundy (Maple): Maple is a popular choice for cutting boards because of its hardness and durability. It is scratch and cut resistant, making it suitable for use with sharp knives.
- Walnut (Walnut): Walnut is another wood commonly used in cutting boards. It has a beautiful dark brown color and an attractive texture.
- Cherry tree (Cherry): The cherry tree is prized for its attractive appearance and reddish hue. It is a moderately hard wood and offers a strong cutting surface. The cherry tree also has natural antibacterial properties.
- Acacia: Acacia wood is known for its durability and scratch resistance. She has a beautiful brown coloring and distinctive natural patterns. Acacia is a popular choice for cutting boards due to its moisture resistance and low environmental impact.
- Bamboo: Bamboo is a sustainable choice for cutting boards. Bamboo grows quickly and is a renewable raw material. Bamboo boards are durable, lightweight and have natural antibacterial properties.
Bamboo boards are, in our opinion, among the best and most purchased. But it all depends on personal tastes!
When choosing a cutting board, it is essential to consider several factors such as durability, ease of cleaning, impact on knives and food hygiene. Wooden boards offer traditional aesthetic appeal and natural antibacterial properties, while plastic boards are practical and easy to clean. Bamboo planks are a sustainable option, and glass planks offer a modern aesthetic.
Each type of board has its pros and cons, and the final choice will depend on your personal preferences and needs.
- Quttin Bamboo cutting board 38 x 28 x 1,8 cm8,70 €
- Quttin Bamboo cutting board 27 x 20 x 1,5 cm5,40 €
- Quttin Bamboo Cutting Board 34 X 24 X 1,5 CM6,80 €
- Tramontina cutting board 40 x 24 cm30,60 €
- Tramontina cutting board 40 x 27 cm31,30 €
- Decorations Duko Mica Cutting Board Natural Brown Mango Wood 35 x 25 cm18,50 €
- Benetton Rainbow Acacia Green Cutting Board (33 x 23 x 1,5 cm)9,80 €
- Black Acacia Marble Cutting Board 18 x 1,5 x 38 cm (8 Units)103,90 €
- White Acacia cutting board 25,7 x 1,5 x 40 cm (12 Units)139,20 €
- White Acacia cutting board 21,5 x 1,5 x 33,5 cm (12 Units)116,70 €
- Black Acacia Cutting Board 21,5 x 1,5 x 33,5 cm (12 Units)116,70 €
- White Acacia cutting board 17,3 x 1,5 x 44,8 cm (12 Units)120,60 €
- White Acacia Marble Cutting Board 18 x 1,5 x 38 cm (8 Units)98,10 €
- Black Acacia Cutting Board 17,3 x 1,5 x 44,8 cm (12 Units)120,60 €
- Black Acacia Marble Cutting Board 18 x 1,5 x 38 cm (8 Units)98,10 €
- White Acacia Marble Cutting Board 18 x 1,5 x 38 cm (8 Units)103,90 €
- Black Acacia Cutting Board 25,7 x 1,5 x 40 cm (12 Units)139,20 €
- Cutting board Dowel White Gray Plastic Thermoplastic 29,8 x 5 x 40 cm (12 Units)83,10 €
- White Acacia Marble Cutting Board 15 x 1,3 x 30 cm (8 Units)81,70 €
- Black Acacia Marble Cutting Board 15 x 1,3 x 30 cm (8 Units)81,70 €
- Bistro Cutting Board Polypropylene 20,3 x 1 x 30,3 cm (24 Units)53,70 €
- Cutting board White Polypropylene 30,5 x 1 x 38 cm (12 Units)65,80 €
- Polypropylene Kitchen Cutting Board 30,5 x 1 x 38 cm (12 Units)65,80 €
- Brown cutting board 30,5 x 1 x 38 cm (12 Units)65,80 €
- Bistro Cutting Board Polypropylene 30,5 x 1 x 38 cm (12 Units)65,80 €
- Masterpro Foodies Brown Bamboo Cutting Board (35 x 25 x 3 cm)19,00 €
- Benetton Cutting Board Black Bamboo Plastic Rectangular (35 x 25 x 1,5 cm)9,50 €
- Quttin Round Plastic Cutting Board (Ø 30 cm)4,20 €
- Inde Verde cutting board 50 x 50 x 4 cm30,80 €
- Inde Violet Cutting Board 50 x 50 x 4 cm33,90 €
- Cutting board White Brown 21,5 x 1,5 x 33,5 cm Acacia8,70 €
- Cutting board White Brown 25,7 x 1,5 x 40 cm Acacia11,00 €
- Cutting board Brown Bamboo (3 Pieces)12,20 €
- Silicone Bamboo Wood Cutting Board (25 x 1 x 35 cm)7,30 €
- Polypropylene cutting board3,40 €
- Inde cutting board3,30 € – 6,40 €